Come celebrate your child’s birthday at the Grist Mill and Gardens!
Travel back in time for a one-of-a-kind birthday experience featuring tea parties, old-fashioned games and more in our quaint Tea Room and lovely gardens. We currently offer four theme options:
Tea Party –?Enjoy a tea party and learn the customs of 19th century tea drinking as you share berry tea and fresh baked?treats?with your friends. Dolls and stuffed animals welcome and dressing up is highly encouraged! (Available Year-round)
Heritage Games – Enjoy some of the many games of skill and other pass-times that children and adults would’ve enjoyed in the 1880’s, from peg-in-the-bottle and “graces” to?circle games and races, before enjoying scratch-made lemonade and a picnic in our lovely gardens. (Available year-round)
Painting in the Garden – Enjoy an afternoon in the garden as we pull out the paints and canvas to set down some of this natural splendor, or at least make a lovely, colourful mess, followed by lemonade and a picnic under the shade of one of our ancient horse chestnut trees. (Available May to October)
Fresh from the Oven – Join us in our outdoor Summer Kitchen as we bake a variety of treats on our old wood stove with fresh-ground flour from our own waterwheel-powered flour mill. (Available May to October)
All birthday parties include:
- Admission for guests and parents for two hours (90 minute program + 30 minute self-guided)
- Costumed birthday party leader
- Invitation templates (available in March 2017)
- Period-appropriate decorations
- Snacks and drinks
$150 (up to 10 kids and two adults) / $130 (Grist Mill Season Pass Holders)
$10 per additional guest
- Thank your guests with loot bags that include several old-fashioned toys PLUS a pass for a return visit to the Grist Mill ($6 +GST/PST per child)
- Add fresh delicious theatre style popcorn made on-site with an old-fashioned popcorn popper. ($30 – includes popcorn and party bags and is operated by your host)
The Grist Mill requires a ratio of one adult to every five children. Groups of more than 25 children need to get in touch to make special arrangements. Payment is due in full upon registration. Registration is required a minimum of two weeks in advance.
For more information or to book your birthday party, please get in touch or use the form below.